Q: WHY THE oracle UNIX ACCOUNT CAN NOT LOG INTO ORACLE?

From: Charles Chen <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/12/15

Hi. I just recently installed Oracle 7.3.2.1.0 on Solaris 2.5.1 for a Sparc10. I tried to log into the Oracle Server Manager with my UNIX user account oracle, which belongs to the dba group. During the installation, I was reading the installation manual which said that I would be prompted to give a password to the dba group in order to connect to Oracle as the internal DBA user INTERNAL. However, I did not see any prompts to give the dba group a password. I was wondering how to make it so that the oracle UNIX user account can log into Oracle besides creating an Oracle database user account with the same user_id (oracle). I appreciate any help on this matter.

Sincerely,
Henry Received on Sun Dec 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message