Re: Q: Forms 3.0 & Oracle7 Server 7.3

From: Fernando Luna <fern_at_aa.net>
Date: 1996/12/14

In article <58mgmh$nnv_at_news.nstn.ca>, rogercr_at_fox.nstn.ca says...

>We have a client who is upgrading their server to v 7.3 and they want to
>use their existing Forms 3.0 application. Are there any problems using
>Forms 3.0 with Oracle 7 Server 7.3 that we should be aware of?

We are currently using Forms 3.0 against an Oracle v7.1.4 RDBMS and the biggest problem that we've encountered is that Forms 3.0 does NOT support the MM/DD/RR date format.... This is essential if you intend for your applications to work after the year 1999 and if the dates you use are of the two-digit year format. Forms 3.0 craps out on you if you try to specify the date... If your client/company merely wants to use an application that runs in character mode, Forms 4.5 currently does do that (I think, in most platforms...anyone can correct if they thing this is inaccurate) and the conversion process is minimal. Other, than the date thing, there is really nothing terrible about using Forms 3.0 ...

Oh... one other thing. Oracle will no longer support Forms 3.0 after the end of this month (December 1996). Our DBA called and found out that you can continue to get support for one more year if you call your Oracle Sales Rep and shell out some money... (big surprise, there), but you have to initiate the call. They won't tell you on their own...

Later... Received on Sat Dec 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message