Re: problem converting form 2.3 to form 3.0

From: Fernando Luna <fern_at_aa.net>
Date: 1996/12/14

In article <01bbe5d9$6cdce360$2829adce_at_crc3.concentric.net>, nickba_at_concentric.net says...

>A coworker has written a one screen form using form 2.3.Now one of the
>triggers has a bug when I copy the form to my id and make the
>correction,the form no longer works.
>When I converted it to 3.0 I carry the nonfunctional form, the fields
>attributes setting for
>input,update but yet the form will not let me update records.
>
>Any help on that.
>Thanks
>nick
>--
>nickba_at_concentric.net
You may have to re-write the version 2.3 triggers that may not have converted during the conversion process. The manual for SQL*Forms 3.0 has a section on exactly how to interpret what the old-style triggers did. That should help you out, other than that, your description of the problem is too vague for me to give you any useful input. What exactly happens when you try to update records? Have you tried to run the form in de-bug mode? Have you placed 'debug' messages during the update process? What are you updating? Is the database up? Do you have permissions to update the tables? Etc, etc, etc... Received on Sat Dec 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message