GPF in NTV.dll when report or graphic server closes

From: <smagdaddy_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/12/12

  Does anyone know how to fix or work around the following problem?

    We have the following system setup,

      Compaq prosignia 300 server
      SCO v3.2
      Oracle 7.1.6
      Banyan vines network protocol  (yuck)
      Dev 2K 1.2
      win 3.11, win 95, win NT 4.0  clients

Whenever we use run_product to run a report or even when running a report from inside the report designer, the report server is started. That is expected. but when you either close the form that used run_product, exit designer or if you try to connect as a different user within the reports designer, cross your fingers and hope you don't get the Big fat GPF in NTV.dll. The same error is reported in all of the windows operating systems.

   Then you (WE) cannot use any oracle products until we reboot. Makes it difficult to test reports as different users.

I have called Oracle support, They suggested an undocumented feature and I know why it is undocumented. Not only did it not work, but you didn't have to cross you fingers anymore. Just wait for it.

I anyone has info on this error, please let me know. I hope to be switching to NT server soon and dropping the Vines protocol which I think is the culprit.

Thanks

Rodger Hollingsworth

US Navy (DBA, Dev2K, SCO Unix)
You'll never get it unless you ask, Then again you may not even if you do ask. Received on Thu Dec 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message