Re: Rollback segments

From: dejan <dejan_at_neodyne.com>
Date: 1996/12/12

Kochis wrote:

> Trying to delete all the data from a table (6000 records)
> I recieved the following:
>
> Ora - 1562: Failed to extend rollback segments (Id=1)
> Ora - 1682: Max # extents (121) reached for rollback segment add_rb
>
> Did I run out of extents and I need to increase max?
> Did I run out of space in the rollback segment? (same as above?)
>
> Also,
> I have three rollback segments created and online. Oracle always seems to
> use the first one i created? Should I point it to a different one?
>
> thanks in advance for any help
> newbie
> djkochis_at_sgi.net

[Quoted] [Quoted] You will have to increase the size of the rollback segment(s) (INITIAL and NEXT), but if you have to delete all data from the table, try using TRUNCATE TABLE...DROP STORAGE command instead of DELETE.

Dejan Bogojevic
dejan_at_neodyne.com Received on Thu Dec 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message