Questions and a general moan about the Module Logic Navigator

From: Simon <jb85_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1996/12/11

I have now got to the point in my design work where I need to be able to define procedures/triggers/functions, etc, so I dusted off my course notes for System Application Design, and invoked the Module Logic Navigator...

I think this was my first mistake. :-}

  1. Has anyone got round the "feature" wherby the reformat, which is required before the syntax checker can work or the outliner window is updated, *doesn't* screw up standard layouts by chopping out whitespace more than one character wide, deleting blank lines, and not allowing comments more than 80 characters wide?

2:Why does it put in extra "DECLARE/BEGIN/END" statements in the body, even though you have to define them in the text editor?

I think that I've just missed the point on item 2, but item 1 seems to be insoluable!

Any ideas you can give will be most appreciated.

--
Simon Holt --  System Designer/DBA
** My opinions are not nescessarily those of my employers **