Re: has anyone gotten the wrapper program to work?

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_dlsun338.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/11

In article <ABMzOhoqtK_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA>, "Dwayne K. King" <dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA> writes:
|> Hi there,
|>
|> Has anyone got the wrapper program to work with D2000 for 95?
|> I have been trying for a few days now, but keep getting a message that the
|> STANDARD package is not accessible. Output is below:
|>

|> D:\ORAWIN95\RDBMS72\ADMIN>wrap22.exe iname=test.sql
|>
|> PL/SQL Wrapper: Release 2.2.2.3.1 - Production on Thu Nov 28 18:26:02 1996
|>
|> Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1993, 1994, 1995. All rights reserved
|>
|> Processing test.sql to test.plb
|> PSU(213,1,0,0): package STANDARD not accessible
|> PL/SQL Wrapper error: Compilation error(s). Terminated.
|>
|> D:\ORAWIN95\RDBMS72\ADMIN>
|>

|> Any ideas? Both local and remote databases were up, and I was in the
|> directory containing the STANDARD.SQL script (this is all the Oracle rep could
|> think of).

Package STANDARD is part of the data dictionary, and so it has to be loaded into the database. If you run the catproc.sql script, located in ORAWIN95\RDBMS\ADMIN as SYS, then package STANDARD will be created, along with the other necessary PL/SQL packages. Be sure to run this script as SYS or connected internal, not as SYSTEM.

|> Any help appreciated.
|> --
|> Dwayne K. King | "Logic is an organized way
|> Computer Systems Advisor, | of going wrong with confidence."
|> International Monetary Fund |

Scott Urman Oracle Corporation surman_at_us.oracle.com

Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2 Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm

"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of  Oracle Corporation"