ENTER_QUERY Problems with Dev2000 on Windows 95

From: Walter Zimmer <wzimmer_at_atair.rz.uni-ulm.de>
Date: 1996/12/11

Hi !

I just had a strange experience. We designed a Form which has a 'Query'- Button. This button executes the following trigger: (It basically does ENTER/EXECUTE_QUERY)

DECLARE
        msg_level NUMBER;
BEGIN
IF :System.Mode = 'NORMAL' THEN

	GO_BLOCK('<BLOCK>');
	ENTER_QUERY;
ELSE
	msg_level := :system.message_level;

:SYSTEM.message_level := 0;
COUNT_QUERY;
:SYSTEM.message_level := msg_level;
IF TO_NUMBER(:GLOBAL.number_records) > 0 THEN :GLOBAL.Host_Count := :GLOBAL.number_records; EXECUTE_QUERY; END IF;

END IF;
END; Now, everything works fine, the count thing too. Now we moved the form to Windows 95. Which means, we moved the *.fmb and recompiled.

Now, one block out of three just doesn't enter query mode, the status never leaves 'NORMAL'. The other two blocks are fine, and there even the count thing runs fine.

Looking in the Manual, I didn't find anything explaining this behaviour. So, is this a known Dev2000 on Windows 95 problem ?

Thanks,
Walter Received on Wed Dec 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message