Reading Word Documents stored in the database using a Web Browser??

From: <cnetto_at_bestway.com.br>
Date: 1996/12/11

Hi:

That's what we're doing to show word documents (it's not working!).

SQL> create or replace procedure teste as   2 vHelpMe varchar2( 32000 );
  3 begin
  4 select txt_acordao

  5    into      vHelpMe
  6    from      ap_txt_acordao

  7 where id_voto = 10;
  8    htp.p( 'Content-type: application/msword' );
  9    htp.p( '' );
 10    htp.p( vHelpMe );

 11 end;
 12 .
SQL> / But we got a mass of hexadecimal numbers. Probably we need to remove some headers/trailers from the long-raw column to get the .doc file. I don't know how to do that. Other problem is getting the binary code from long raw.

Any tip? Do you know sombody facing to the same problem??

Regards,

Carlos
cnetto_at_bestway.com.br
Oracle System Integrator