Re: Users with same name

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/12/11

tsmail_at_public.bta.net.cn wrote:
>We are developing an application using Oracle and, for some reason, all
>the developers have to use the same Oracle username, just like
>"developer". During the process of coding, we often get some trouble from
>deadlock and need to kill the session that holds the lock. When we use
>the Session Monitor in SQL*DBA we find all the usernames to be the same,
>so although we know which client PC is the locker, we don't know which
>session is the relative one.
>Is there any way that can distinguish the client PCs with the same Oracle
>username? We have Oracle V7.2 and the environment of client PC is
>Windows3.1.
>
>Thanks in Advance.

Hi there,

Set USERNAME=<physical user name> in the ORACLE.INI. This username will appear under OSUSER column in v$session table.

select username, osuser
from v$session

username => schema name
osuser => pc user

This will work if you are having ORACLE.ini in each of the client pc. If you happen to share ORACLE.INI, then copy oracle.ini to each of the local pc's and change win.ini to

ORA_CONFIG=c:\windows\oracle.ini

This should answer your problem

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Wed Dec 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message