Oracle Object Manager Problem

From: Levi Purvis <levi_at_curry.cadmus-i.com>
Date: 1996/12/10

I'm having a strange problem with the Oracle Object Manager that comes with Oracle7 Database Administration Tools 7.3.2.1.3. (It is running on Win NT Server 3.51.) Every time I launch it and/or every time I cause any kind of execution (ie get a list of all tables under a user, show a table, etc) the sucker just hangs there forever until I bring a diferent window to the foreground - at which time it finishes executing in the background and everythings peachy. I tested this - I can launch it and immediately throw it to the background, and it will launch fast, everytime. However, if I leave it in the foreground it just sits there. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem, or has any suggestions
(post or email). Perhaps it is a problem with some kind of Win NT setup
(foreground/background priority)?

-Levi Purvis
levi_at_cadmus-i.com Received on Tue Dec 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message