Re: FORMS v.3 and Y2K compliance

From: Christian Mondrup <scancm_at_biobase.dk>
Date: 1996/12/10

Martyn Cavett (cavett_at_globalnet.co.uk) wrote:
: I am heading a team that has run into a problem with Forms v.3 and date
: formating problems that are not Year 2000 compliant. (We are running two
: mature systems each with about 1,500 FORMS v.3)

: 1. The standard date format in Forms is 'DD-MON-YY'. Forms does not
: recognise 'DD-MON-RR' format, and using the full 'DD-MON-YYYY' causes
: display problems for forms geared to the standard layout.
: 2. FORMS v.3 runs PL/SQL v.1 which also does not recogise the 'DD-MON-RR'
: format, hence that format mask cannot be used when using a 'TO_DATE()'
: function. Embedded SQL is o.k. 'cause it runs on the server (v.7.2 and
: PL/SQL v.2.x)

: Has anyone else come across this, or have simple, quick solutions? The
: ideal solution would mean that we don't need to increase the date format
: over the current width, yet still deal with the 2000 date issue inherent in
: 'DD-MON-YY'.

: --
: Martyn Cavett
: home: cavett_at_globalnet.co.uk
: work: Martyn.Cavett_at_gtplc.com

My workaround for this problem is based on the following e-mail message: Received on Tue Dec 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message