Re: Forms4.5 Trigger when entering a character in a new record

From: Mark Freudenberg <freud_at_gate.net>
Date: 1996/12/09

Volker,

There are no triggers that fire while you enter data in a field. Triggers fire going in and coming out of an item. What does happen is that the system.record_status changes to CHANGED or INSERT depending if you are updating or inserting (the other two stati it can be are NEW and QUERY). So, you can use a POST-TEXT-ITEM trigger to check the system.record_status to see if it changed. If so, then do whatever you want to do, if not then keep going. This trigger fires for any navigation out of a text item, whether it be by keyboard or mouse.

Hope this helps.

Mark Freudenberg