HELP - oo4o redistributable files not working

From: Xuewei Zhou <zhou_at_Glue.umd.edu>
Date: 1996/12/07

I downloaded oo4o 2.0 (32 bits) for NT from Oracle's Web server and installed on one of my NT3.51 box. Then I created a program using VB Pro 4.0 and oo4o, which just does a startup of Oracle In Proc Server by calling CreateSession. It worked. Next I copied my VB program (.EXE) to another NT3.51 box that has exactly the same software installed except for oo4o, which is not installed on the second box. I copied OIP20.DLL, OIP20.TLB, ORAIPSRV.REG into System32 directory and used regedt32.exe to regster ORAIPSRV.REG, as Oracle says what I need to do. I checked NT registry and there were something about oo4o. But when I run the little program, I get OLE Automation error, saying module can't be found. I struggled for a few days with the registry and still no luck. MS OLE2 files should not be the problem since VB Pro 4.0 is installed. If you have ever made this thing work, please help me.

thanks.

zhou Received on Sat Dec 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message