Re: What is the Application Object Library?

From: Bob Suehrstedt <bsuehrs_at_netmail.mnet.uswest.com>
Date: 1996/12/06

Kurt Cearley wrote:

> Can someone explain the application object library. Recently I was
> trying to get an interview with a particuliar company and was asked
> if I knew of this particuliar Oracle feature. Apparently it relates to Oracle's
> Object Technology but I would like to research for specifics. Can someone point
> me in the right direction? Thanks.
>
> --
> kcearley_at_ti.com
>
> Kurt Cearley
> Texas Instruments Inc.
> Dallas, Texas

Kurt,

Application Object Library (AOL) are the coding and gui standards and standard routines that Oracle employs when it develops applications. If you are familiar with the Oracle's applications, in the character mode days the coding standards and embedded routines were called the "Application Foundation". In the GUI (Forms4.5) version of the applications they use AOL when developing applications. There are manuals detailing these standards and also an Oracle class (Extending Oracle Applications) that teaches AOL.

Hope this helps,

Bob Suehrstedt Received on Fri Dec 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message