Re: integrating C with PL/SQL

From: N.Prabhakar <prabhs_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/12/05

Andrew Smalera <andrew.smalera_at_cplc.com> writes: > I have heard that there is a way to call a piece of compiled code
> (written in C, for example) from within a PL/SQL stored procedure and
> obtain the result, like a function call. If this is possible, it would
> save a lot of time trying to recode the routine, if it is possible at
> all to get it done in PL/SQL. Does anyone have any experience with
> this? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Hi there,

You can use DBMS_PIPE to communicate from PL/SQL to your 'Pro*C' program. The 'C' program should continuously run on the background and look up any info on the pipe. Once it receives a message, it should start its work. Please refer to Oracle Application Developers guide for more info on DBMS_PIPE.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Thu Dec 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message