Re: HELP!!! running a JAM session on a windows dial-up?

From: <jeremydunn_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/12/04

On 28 Nov 1996 14:50:56 GMT rypytt_at_usit.net (David Hay) wrote:

>here's my situation, we have a developed an oracle system on AIX 4.1 and
>need remote access to run certain parts of the system from home with my
 win
>3.1 based modem. i've run across lots of vt220 emulators for windows,
 but
>they still don't talk correctly to the JAM screens that were written for
 the
>application. if anyone knows of a way where i can run these JAM screens
 from
>a windows dial up i'd be MOST grateful!

There is a really cool product called Winframe from Citrix. It allows use of a GUI front end over dial-up lines. Really good response at 19.2kbps and only slightly worse response at 14.4kbps. It works with W95 but I'm not sure about 3.1. It's a client-server product with your app running on the server, and the client (you at home) running a small executable that draws the graphics on your monitor that would normally be displayed on the machine executing the app. Again, really decent performance is really hard to tell from being on the LAN.
Good luck.
- Jeremy Received on Wed Dec 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message