Re: Two Forms4.5 questions

From: Dave Macpherson <dave_at_fifthd.ca>
Date: 1996/12/02

On 02 Dec 1996 09:16:22 +0100, "Jens Lechtenboerger" <Jens.Lechtenboerger_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I have two questions concerning Forms 4.5:
>
>1. I am using a block consisting of database items, all of them having default
>values. How do i force Forms to insert the resulting record when an operator
>presses a commit-button without first changing an item?
>Right now Forms raises the message "No changes to commit".
>
>2. I am using lost of LOVs and I am in doubt if each of them opens a cursor
>without closing it later. After showing about 15 LOVs or so, the maximum number
>of open cursors is reached and subsequent actions raise an error message.
>Is there a possibility to examine how many cursors are opened at a time?
>Can I force Forms to close the cursors?
>
>Thanks,
>
> Jens
Regarding your first question, the normal trick used is to set a database item field within the block to itself in the commit button just before issuing a commit-form. Then Forms thinks that the block has been modified and will proceed with the commit processing.

As for your second question, I've never experience problems with LOV's before. LOV cursors are closed after they are processed, so I suspect that the problem lies elsewhere. Sorry I can't help you out on this one.

Regards,

//dave Received on Mon Dec 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message