Re: ORACLE POWER OBJECTS --FORMS

From: Kasu Sista <sista_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/12/02

>>I have set up forms in Oracle Power Objects so the user can input
>>information and flip through the forms either forwards or backwards.
>>
>>Using the OpenWindow() and CloseWindow() functions the user would have to
>>commit each time leaving a form. This keeps the user form being able to
>>
>>Using the ShowWindow() and HideWindow functions I have come across problems
>>with the forms not hiding the way I want (completely minimized) or not
>>showing the way I want (completely maximized -- like that in OpenWindow() )
>>
>>Does anyone know how I may be able to traverse the forms without committing
>>until the end, or to manipulate the window attributes for the HideWindow()
>>and ShowWindow() functions?

There is no need to commit when switching forms unless you want to. The one 'gotcha' is what is called the row flushing problem when you switch containers. This happens even with in the same form. If you want to switch forms and not and not get this 'Row Flushing' error, you would have to make sure that all the required fields are filled in.

Kasu Sista
Links Technology Corp. Received on Mon Dec 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message