Re: Very urgent!!! how to export data of table column to a file

From: sanjay.shah <sanjay.shah_at_MCI2000.com>
Date: 1996/12/01

Stephan Gloor <sgloor_at_hso.ch> wrote in article <329AC859.21EF_at_hso.ch>...
> Hi there.
>
> We're running Oracle Server 7.2x on Windows NT. We need to write column
> data to a file. The file shouldn't be formatted. When using export the
> file is formatted in Oracle binary format.
> How can we automate this process ?
>
> Thank your for the eMailed hint.
>
> Stephan Gloor <sgloor_at_hso.ch>
> --
> HSO Information Engineering
> Baumackerstr. 24
> 8045 Zürich
> tel: +41 1 316 60 30 fax: +41 1 312 20 72
> eMail: sgloor_at_hso.ch

You cannot use the Oracle's Export Utility to create Data Files. Oracle's Export Utility is only a logical Backup process and can be used to transfer/ backup data for porting across platforms.

To write out data to a file, use a simple SQL* Plus script or Pro*C program [Quoted] if logic is complex

--
Sanjay Shah
Email : sanshah_at_usa.net