Export file checking...

From: Jukka Kulokoski <jkulokos_at_tele.nokia.fi>
Date: 1996/11/29

Hi netters,

Is there any way to check that the export.dmp file produced by Oracle export utility is not garbage, exluding the error messages Oracle should give when exporting ?

What I'm looking for is some Oracle or other tool that would read through the export file to see whether it contains something valid for the import utility.

We've had a situation, where export goes fine, but the import can't do anything with the file. Oracle support suggested disk failure as an explanation :)

Our environment is Oracle 7.2.3, HP-UX 10.01.

Thanks,

Jukka Received on Fri Nov 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message