Re: How to genereate forms from the DOS command line?

From: Christer Peltomaa <s93cpe_at_csd.uu.se>
Date: 1996/11/29

Hi Andrew.

Use:
START f45gen32 module=modulename userid=scott/tiger batch=YES

For generating all fmb's in a directory we use a script that first loop through all fmb's and write them to a file and then execute this file (see example).

The example below show how you can generate all fmb's in a directory. It create an errorfile where you can see how many errors each fmb generated.
(The parameter "/w" =wait after START is necessary if run under win95, if you don't use this under win95 the system will start to generate all files and you will run out of memory.)

REM file genall.bat
_at_echo off
if exist gab.bat del gab.bat > nul
if exist err.log del err.log > nul
for %%f in (*.fmb) do echo START /w f45gen32 module=%%f userid=scott/tiger batch=YES >> gab.bat
call gab
for %%f in (*.err) do call genall2 %%f
_at_echo ERR.LOG report
find /V ": 0" err.log
pause

REM this file is called by genall
REM file Genall2.bat
echo Number of errors in %1 >> err.log
type %1|find /C "ERROR" >> err.log

Regards,
Christer Peltomaa, Mandat Consult AB, Sweden