Re: ORA-02524 Intersolv ODBC

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/29

"Allan Taunt" <tauntaj_at_southern.co.nz> wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>I'm trying to set up the Intersolv ODBC NT drivers to talk to an Oracle 7.2
>Server, however every time I try to connect I get the following message:
>
> [INTERSOLV][ODBC Oracle driver][Oracle]ORA-02524: Message 2524 not found;
>product=RDBMS72;facility=ORA

Hi there,

Since you can connect with SQL*NET (i assume by oracle ping), I feel that something is missing on ODBC. Check the following.

  1. Check your data source name.
  2. Are you connecting with the correct connect string.

Check you are running the correct version of ODBC.DLL, IDBCINST.DLL under C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.

I have encountered this problem before and I will try to find out and let you know in detail.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Fri Nov 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message