Re: Des 2K across Mac & NT

From: Jean-Marc Boivin <jean-marc.boivin_at_sit.ulaval.ca>
Date: 1996/11/28

We worked hard last summer trying to port our applications from DEV 2000 Windows to Mac and got a lot of problems. I wont list here all problems we ran into but after a couple months of works we stopped.

We just bought a multiuser server NT (Winframe server: see www.citrix.com or Ntrigue server, see: www-insignia.com. both the same except the second can be access using X protocol) and install the NT version of Forms on the server. All our Mac now access the applications using Mac X (a X server) or a ICA client. The applications are exactly the same as on Windows and we don't have to touch our Windows applications.

It's easy, stable and we don't have all the trouble of porting on Mac. And more we can distribute our applications on small Mac (LC III with 4 megs).

Jean-Marc Boivin
University Laval
jean-marc.boivin_at_sit.ulaval.ca

Peter C. Hugger <hugger_at_bms.com> wrote in article <329C3652.44A0_at_bms.com>...