Demo Applications Import Takes 40 Hours

From: Mark Rostron <oramail_at_mmm.com>
Date: 1996/11/26

Hi,
We are trying to import a previous export of the demo database, version 10.6.1, 7.1.6 rdbms, HPUX 10.01 on a K400 with 4cpus and plenty of memory. The instance uses a 70M SGA.
We are concerned at this on account of the bottleneck seems to be the compilation of all of the stored procedures which by definition in an import is a single-threaded operation. We also notice a lot of waits on syn$.
THis appears to relate to the multiorg patch. Of course we know it'll be fixed in the next release. So if anyone has any suggestions which may help us while we are waiting, please feel free to make 'em.
thanks for your time,
mr Received on Tue Nov 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message