Re: Turning of MDI in Forms 4.5

From: Andrew Tompkins <andrewto_at_kingfish.cse.tek.com>
Date: 1996/11/26

In article <01bbdaf4$6d67dfa0$1639e028_at_cti-i71-rm01>   "RAM MAREDDY" <rmareddy_at_calibersys.com> writes:

> Does anyone know how to make an SDI form (Single Document Interface) out of
> Forms 4.5. Every window in Forms seems to be displayed as a child window
> (as an MDI child) of the run-time Forms program. I want to turn-off the
> background parent window.
>
> Is it possible at all?

Set up a number of canvases and attach them to the same window. From there, there are two ways to use them, either as stacked views or content views. There must be one content view per window, usually the primary application view.

With stacked views, the single content view remains visible around the edges of the stacked view. Stacked views are turned on by navigating to an object in the stacked view or setting its Displayed property to TRUE. They are turned off by navigating out of the stacked view and setting its Displayed property to FALSE.

With content views, the previous content view is completely hidden by the currently display content view. Use the built-in function Replace_Content_View to change content views.

Additional information is in the on-line and written documentation in the Canvas-Views and Windows chapter.

--Andy

| Andrew G. Tompkins    | #include <disclaimer.std.h> |
| Tektronix, Inc.                                     |
| Measurment Business Div./Instruments Business Unit  |
| Phone: (503) 627-5172      fax: (503) 627-5548      |
| email: Andrew.Tompkins_at_tek.com (work)               |
|        andytom_at_teleport.com (home)                  |
| http://www.teleport.com/~andytom/                   |