Re: Disabling lines in Reports 2.5

From: Michael Taylor <mtaylor_at_ptdprolog.net>
Date: 1996/11/26

Try using a concatenated field in your SQL statement such as SELECT street1 ||
DECODE (street2, NULL, NULL, CHR(10) || street2) street2 || DECODE (street3, NULL, NULL, CHR(10) || street3) address_lines

etc.

The single field (aliased as address_lines should have carriage returns (CHR(10)) embedded in it. If you put the single field i nto and expandable field on your report layout, it will format properly as a multi-line field. The DECODES simply test the field for null and concatenate either NULL or a carriage return along with the variable.

Good Luck!
  Mike

Gary G <ggorbon1_at_swarthmore.edu> wrote in article <01bbdb1c$54375420$0e433a82_at_gorbonosov.swarthmore.edu>...