Des2K - Enforcing Mandatory Relationships

From: Simon <jb85_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1996/11/20

[Quoted] Hi all,

[Quoted] If I have two entities, eg

	MASTER -------------------< DETAILS

with relationships:

A Master MUST HAVE one or more Details
A Detail MUST HAVE one and only one Master

How do I get Des2K to generate a form that enforces entry of at least one Detail row for each Master row? I've defined a module that uses both entities as base table usages, got them linked, etc etc. I thought that the Generator would look at the ERD, determine that that is what I wanted, and generate code accordingly. As it is, the forms I get allow me to enter a Master without any details at all, which is not what I want!

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks,

        Si

--
Simon Holt --  System Designer/DBA
** My opinions are not nescessarily those of my employers **