MS-Access to Oracle - an easy way...

From: tempus <tempus_at_online.no>
Date: 1996/11/20

Hi !

I'm currently finishing a major project using VB 4 and MS Access 7.0. Want to use Oracle instead of MS-Access - please give me some hints on how to go about this. Most of the code uses SQL-calls to the Access (but through the Jet-engine).

Do you have a step-by-step guide to things I will have to remember and consider in making the system compatible with Oracle instead... ?

I read something about an API somewhere that could help - I need to be able to pass SQL-statements to the Oracle-server (SQL_PassThrough ?), and receive the result in a recordset.

Please mail me...

Sincere regards,
Lars Brenna

email : tempus_at_online.no Received on Wed Nov 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message