Re: Forms 4.5 - Character Mode Setup

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/18

Neil Johnson wrote:

> Does anybody know how to configure the Ruler and Font Settings
> to make developing Character Mode applications using Forms 4.5
> easier?
>
> I am having a very difficult time getting it to work.
>
> The layout in the Forms designer looks okay, but when I generate and
> run the form on a terminal (VT220) it looks like a mess.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Neil Johnson - Motorola - Neil_Johnson-CNJ002_at_email.mot.com
It has been a while since I have done it, so I don't remember exactly the Character cell width/height. First, change the coordinate system to Character (module->properties->coordinate Information->more). I believe8 X 23 will work.
Next, in the oracle.ini file set the variable: forms45_defaultfont="Courier New.11"

I believe courier new eleven point was the one we found converted best. This is not perfect since Oracle really does not handle Windows Fonts well, but it worked for us.

Loyal Received on Mon Nov 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message