Re: destructive properties in Forms 4.5

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1996/11/14

When you port the form to Solaris or HPUX, you will not be able to read text fields. I have tars open with Oracle and Sun. Oracle closed theirs as a "vendor problem".

Walter Zimmer (wzimmer_at_atair.rz.uni-ulm.de) wrote:
: Hi !

: I have an application where I want to grey out certain items (in fact,
: entire blocks). So, I just set the ENABLED property to PROPERTY_FALSE and
: things work perfectly !

: Thats what I thought. Looking at the documentation, I found that setting
: the ENABLED property to PROPERTY_FALSE sets some other properties too.
: Now my question is: How can I set back these properties to the state
: I told them to have in the designer ? Do I have to hardcode these
: properties in my code ?

: Is there another way to display my items in a greyed out style ?

: I think it's generally a bad idea to have an action trigger other,
: non-reversible actions. What did the forms developers think by doing
: this ?

: Walter

: walter.zimmer_at_rz.uni-ulm.de
: Forms 4.5 developer

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you