Re: DB Trigger (Feature???)

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/13

In article <19961112022100.VAA14381_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>, alexjent_at_aol.com writes
>It is my understanding from Oracle manuals etc. that one and only one
>db tigger(of the same type) can be created for the same table(same
>instance etc.).
>
>In other words, if I create a trigger script (IE: Before Insert on table
>X) and run it
>once, the trigger is created. If I rename the trigger but leave the
>script intact and
>run it....it should produce an error(or so sez Oracle). We are running
>Version 7.1.X.X.X.
>
>It this an undocumented feature? A documented feature? A mirage?

If it says it in the manuals (see your first paragraph) it must be a documented feature.

It is a documented feature in versions prior to 7.2 or perhaps 7.3. Try looking up triggers in the manual.

The situatin used to be that you could have 12 triggers per table, the product of update,insert,delete, pre and post, and statement or row.

--
Jim Smith