DB Trigger (Feature???)

From: <alexjent_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/11/12

[Quoted] It is my understanding from Oracle manuals etc. that one and only one db tigger(of the same type) can be created for the same table(same instance etc.).

In other words, if I create a trigger script (IE: Before Insert on table X) and run it
once, the trigger is created. If I rename the trigger but leave the script intact and
run it....it should produce an error(or so sez Oracle). We are running Version 7.1.X.X.X.

It this an undocumented feature? A documented feature? A mirage?

Anyone have any FACTS about this???

P.S. If possible reply to my work address: jentilucci_at_notes.seagate.com

Thanks mucho........Alex Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message