Re: Des2K to personal Oracle

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_nildram.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/12

ericm_at_iol.ie (Eric Mosley) wrote:
>Hi all,
>I think you can use des2K with personal oracle, right?!
You can. But if, like us, you are running under Windows 3.1, don't bother. We tried this, and it's unbearably slow (on a fast Pentium with 32M). I would expect it to do better under a 32-bit system, though.

>Has anybody got a handy script to create the repository on personal Oracle?!
There's one as part of the Des2000 installation. Just don't hold your breath waiting for it to run. Installing a repository is a very big job, so no immediate complaints about efficiency here. Oh, and do make sure your Personal DB is big enough (and your hard disc is big enough...)

--
Jane Williams               jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk