Re: DB defragmentation

From: Terry Porter <t_porter_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/12

Read about using the Import utility. You use this to import the exported
dump file. As long as you didn't specify "COMPRESS=N", (the default is Y), then when you import the dump file, it will compress the extents so that the INITIAL extent will be sized to fit the entire object (table, index, etc). That's (in the most basic sense) it takes to "defrag" a database! Oh -- also make sure you have IGNORE=N on during the import, so that it will recreate the tablespaces.