Re: Oracle Open World Opinions?

From: Michael Taylor <mtaylor_at_ptdprolog.net>
Date: 1996/11/11

[Quoted] I thought the content was extremely interesting this year (particularly the details on NCA), but was very disappointed with the organization of the events (crowds, etc.). I was dismayed that my registration was 'lost' and I had to resubmit my payment even after the original had cleared - This IS a database company, right???

In general the sessions were good but on several ORACLE-led sessions, the speaker NEVER SHOWED. No cancellation notification, but just an expensive waste of my time. This is particularly annoying when the speaker is from Oracle.

The Network Computer itself is a very large question mark as to whether it will make its mark, but even without it I'm very interested in the push to 3-tier client/server and the possibility of net-enabling existing Oracle apps. The campground demonstrations of Forms over the web were very impressive. Hey and its always fun to bash Microsoft, huh? :)

My other lasting impression is how OLD the Jefferson Airplane relics are...oh well...

Douglas Scott <dsscott_at_gte.net> wrote in article <3284C36B.460C_at_gte.net>...