Re: Forms 4.5 .fmt file format?

From: Thomas Griffing <tom_at_dsworks.com>
Date: 1996/11/11

George Xu wrote:

> Oracle*Form 4.5 provide TEXT version of ORACLE*FORMS file. Check
> Adminstration in FILE menu in the designer. Good luck!!!
> George Xu

I'm trying to understand what is in the files, not how to generate them.

I have been generating these text files, but the next step is to parse them and understand what's in them. Lots of the information in the .fmt files is pretty clear, but when it gets to the details of the objects, there are lots of entries like:

1=874
2=5

I have a partial mapping for some of the parameters, but not all of them. Anybody have any more info?

| Thomas L. Griffing       | |~~\  /~~\ ~|~ | Dallas Softworks, Inc.   |
| Perl Hacker, Linux Bigot | | | `--. | | "making technology work" | | mailto:tom_at_dsworks.com | |__/ \__/ _|_ | http://www.dsworks.com | Received on Mon Nov 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message