Re: Reports to Fax

From: Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/11

In article comp.databases.oracle.tools:<01bbcbf7$481336c0$d565d4c1_at_robert>, "Robert Hetleflt" <elprint_at_telepost.no> writes:
>Hi !
>
>Do Enyone now how you can run Oracle Reports 2.5 to a fax with parameters
>as Company name and Company fax number
>so the fax can be automaticly sent to the reciver ??
>
>Robert Hetleflt

I don't think the problem is OR but the integration of OR with your fax system. We integrate our DataPublisher (http:/www.perl.co.uk/ig/dp.html) with Hylafax in order to generate thousands of call analysis reports. The nice thing about DP (FrameMaker based) is that you configure print drivers to talk to Hylafax directly.

I do not know that OR has such flexible printing capabilities and you may need to write a wrapper program to connect OR with the fax software. Such programs are a doddle in languages such as Oraperl. Of course the optimal solution depends upon the size of reports,complexity, frequency and number, etc.

All the best,

        Jacqui Caren

--
Jacqui Caren, Software Systems, Paul Ingram Group Ltd. J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk
Commercial perl resources - support,training,products etc