Re: Redefining keys in forms 4.5

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1996/11/11

Steve Cosner wrote:

> In article <55be18$n2b_at_milo.vcn.bc.ca>, Juan Pon <jjpon_at_vcn.bc.ca> wrote:
> >Is it possible to redefine keys in a specific form?
> >Thanks in advance.
>
> Sure. Just write the key-whatever triggers to do anything you want.
>
> Steve Cosner

This only works for 'Function' keys (F1 - F12, ENTER, TAB, etc.), and not even all of those can be intercepted.

I have not found any way to redefine any of the 'Normal' typewriter keys, and at the current version of FORMS, there is not even any way to detect when somebody starts typing into a non-database field, so you cannot just look at the field when the first key is pressed.

Alex Heney Received on Mon Nov 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message