Re: Forms 4.5 .fmt file format?

From: <ktoepke_at_infinet.com>
Date: 1996/11/10

In <32841240.13631DB5_at_dsworks.com>, Thomas Griffing <tom_at_dsworks.com> writes:
>In order to document a rather large application, I need
>to parse the .fmt file format as generated by forms 4.5.
>
>Version 4.0 was pretty clearly laid out, but 4.5 obscures
>lots of details in FM45_OBJECTs.
>
>Anybody got a meaningful list of what all the codes mean?

I have no idea what the codes in the .fmt files mean. On the other hand, I have written a quick-and-dirty "C" program that will parse a Forms v4.5 txt file listing the objects, reference info, object info, class info, all PL/SQL code, and LOV information.

Visit my home page (http://www.infinet.com/~ktoepke) to get the code and some example output.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Toepke

| Kevin Toepke                             | Nothing was ever accomplished by |
|   ktoepke_at_infinet.com                    | a reasonable man.                |
|                                          | -- George Bernard Shaw           |