Re: HElP!! ODBC Oracle

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/09

In article <01bbccef$9d44c340$91b597ce_at_orion.sgi.net.sgi.net>, Kochis <djkochis_at_sgi.net> writes
>Currently running NT Server and Oracle Workgroups 7.1 with a 95 client.
>Tyring to do ODBC with Intersolv driver. Have two instances. Need to
>connect to second instance, not the default. Have SQL*Net 2.1 running on
>both. SQLplus works fine to either, but need to get ODBC running fast.
>
>ODBC driver asks for "Server Name". Both instances are on the same
>server???
>
>Thanks
>David
>djkochis_at_sgi.net
As far as I remember, when Intersolv ask for the 'servername' they mean the SQL*Net V2 *connect string*
[Quoted] Not sure about this, but hope it helps...

Paul Brewer Received on Sat Nov 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message