Re: Automated Oracle forms test

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/09

We have used an automator tool "Automator QA" by Direct technologies UK to test our system which is running in Forms 4.5 on Windows 3.11

It is really useful tool. Before the software is released, the scripts can be activated to do the regression testing.

In our project, we have saved the data in a excel file which we convert into a comma delimited file and the QA automator can read from this file and apply all the tests.

This makes the data free from the recording script. You can just change the excel file and redo the same test with different set of data.

I belive that there is a version of Automator QA on unix. However I am not very sure about this.

Further info can be obtained from DIRECT TECHNOLOGIES, UK.

There is another way of recording the test.

If you are using a host based system, FORMS has the facility of recording key strokes. In this case, the data is actually stored in the script file.

Hope the above info helps.

Regards

N.Prabhakar
Socgen Crosby Securities
Singapore Received on Sat Nov 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message