DBMS_JOB Problem

From: <ndxdhcbr_at_rrzn-user.uni-hannover.de>
Date: 1996/11/07

Dear helpers,

we are running ORACLE 7.1.4 on Solaris 2.4 and want to use the DBMS_JOB facility. It does not work by default. According some hints found in the web the number of SNP background processes for an ORACLE7 instance specified by the JOB_QUEUE_PROCESS parameter of the instance's parameter file must be set. This parameter is 0 in my ORACLE7 instance but can't be set by modyfying the init.ora file and I can't find any hints in the documentation.

Is there anybody out there, who can give me further tips to get DBMS_JOB to work ?

Thanks for any help

Peter Wuebbelt (wuebbelt.peter_at_mh-hannover.de) Received on Thu Nov 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message