Re: [SQL*Forms 3.0] select DISTINCT possible?

From: Frampton Steve R <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca>
Date: 1996/11/07

Frampton Steve R (3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca) wrote:
: For this block, I want to query only the *distinct* absence
: codes taken by the employee, along with the number taken
: during the year.

I appreciate the responses I've received thus far. I guess I wasn't clear enough as to what my problem was. I just want to return the DISTINCT (unique) codes and display them in my query block. Aside from creating another view, I was wondering what would be involved in doing this. I've played around with cursors (which I admittedly am still vague on) and messing with pre-query triggers, but I just can't get it to work.

I *don't* want to create a view for this...this should be fairly easy to accomplish programmatically.

The Oracle manuals are, of course, useless (though the "Advanced Techniques" manual was fun to read).

Thanks again for your patience. :-)

---------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >---------------

Steve Frampton                           http://qlink.queensu.ca/~3srf
Work: <frampton_at_mail.flarc.edu.on.ca> School: <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca> --< NOTICE! I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail messages! >-- Received on Thu Nov 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message