Re: [SQL*Forms 3.0] select DISTINCT possible?

From: Andy Finkenstadt <genie_at_panix.com>
Date: 1996/11/06

In <55q6bu$7r7_at_knot.queensu.ca> 3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca (Frampton Steve R) writes:
>From SQL*Plus, I can accomplish this with:
> select distinct(absn_reason_code),
> sum(total_override_crdt_loss)
> from ec_employee_absn_summary
> group by absn_reason_code
> order by absn_reason_code;

>I assume such a thing *is* possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It is possible.

From SQL*Plus, create a view:

create or replace view employee_absn_reason_code as select absn_reason_code, sum(total_override_crdt_loss) from ec_employee_absn_summary
group by absn_reason_code

Now base the block in SQL*Forms (any version) on the view, and set the default WHERE clause / ORDER BY to "order by absn_reason_code".

Voi la.

--
Andrew Finkenstadt, The Printing House Ltd, Also a GEnie Sysop

"By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began
to suspect 'Hungry' ..."                -- Gary Larson, "The Far Side"