[SQL*Forms 3.0] select DISTINCT possible?

From: Frampton Steve R <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca>
Date: 1996/11/06

Hello:

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm developing a three-block forms application for tracking [Quoted] employee absence information. I'm having difficulty with one of the blocks, which is being used to provide summary information on absences taken during the year.

[Quoted] For this block, I want to query only the *distinct* absence codes taken by the employee, along with the number taken during the year.

[Quoted] From SQL*Plus, I can accomplish this with:

  select distinct(absn_reason_code),

         sum(total_override_crdt_loss)
  from ec_employee_absn_summary
  group by absn_reason_code
  order by absn_reason_code;

[Quoted] I thought I could just throw this into a PRE-QUERY (I've also tried it in a KEY-EXEQRY) trigger, but when I attempt to query the records, I get:

"PRE-QUERY trigger raised unhandled exception TOO_MANY_ROWS"

[Quoted] I assume such a thing *is* possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[Quoted] Thanks in advance.

---------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >---------------

Steve Frampton                           http://qlink.queensu.ca/~3srf
Work: <frampton_at_mail.flarc.edu.on.ca> School: <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca> --< NOTICE! I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail messages! >-- Received on Wed Nov 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message