Oracle SNS and Routers

From: John Fenner <jfenner_at_erols.com>
Date: 1996/11/04

I am building a distributed database system using Oracle 7.x server and Oracle web server 2.x. All user interaction with the database will be via http requests (web access). However, the database replication and synchronization must use Oracle's Secure Network Services (SNS) or the follow-on, called Advanced Network Option (ANO).

        I intend to place a screening router, such as a Cisco 2500 or 4000, in front of each server to screen traffic to and from each server. I know I can screen TCP/IP port 80 for the http traffic; however, what port do I use for either SNS or ANO? I may be able to screen based on IP address, but some of the servers are located behind a firewall which may mask IP addresses.

        Any ideas?

        Please post replies or email direct to:

jfenner_at_erols.com

Thanks in advance. Received on Mon Nov 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message