Re: (Q)DES2K-Generator for Forms

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/02

David J. Roth wrote:

> I need to create a master/detail form with a strange linkage.
>
> The detail needs to have a where clause like
>
> detail_block_field in
> select (table_value
> from table
> where lookup_value = master_block_field)
>
> Is there any way to get DES2K to generate something like this?
>
> --
> David J Roth
[Quoted] > (My own opinions)

The generic relationship, master/detail feature of F45 is very limited. Most people I
know bypass the built-in because they can build a better one themselves. I subscribe
to this theory also. Once you have the master block:

set_block_property
('detail_block',default_where,'my-where-clause-here'); go_block ('detail_block');
execute_query;

Loyal Received on Sat Nov 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message