Dev2K, TCP/IP loading by

From: Stephen Booth <Stephen_at_abooth.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/28

An annoying problem arose today at work. People using Dev2k connecting to a server database via Forms (4.0) found that they lost the TCP connect intermittantly. It was suggested that this may be because Dev2k, and forms inparticular, make a very heavy demand on the TCP/IP connection.

Can anyone confirm or refute this? The only other thing that has the same problem is connecting to our POP3 mail host from Pegasus Mail which we know really loads the TCP/IP connection heavily.

Our network uses mostly TCP with some ipx/spx and a mish mash of other packet types.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a general networking group I would be grateful. I'm more or less stumped by this problem.

--
Stephen Booth
                                             Home:    stephen_at_abooth.demon.co.uk