Connecting 16 bit tools to NT locally.

From: Justin LaFayette <jlafayette_at_dwl.on.ca>
Date: 1996/10/27

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am having trouble connecting 16 bit windows tools (SQL Plus, User Manager, etc) to a Oracle 7.1.3 NT database locally. We are using SQLNet 2.1 for remote machines, and they all attach no problem. I cannot use any of the 16 bit oracle tools on the server locally. The OS is Win NT 3.51, and I have installed SQL Net client on the server as well. (I tried it with it removed too.) With a correct user id and password, I have tried the SQL Net alias for the host string (TNSNames.ora file same as functioning remote clients), the string "local_host", and Oracle support suggested "2:". None of this has worked. The error message is "No interface driver installed".

Does anyone have the answer to a seemingly simple problem.

Thanks.

Justin LaFayette

Principal
DWL Computer Systems Inc. Received on Sun Oct 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message